Music Practice Rooms - Rooms 17 & 20
The two soundproof, air-conditioned practice rooms 17 and 20 are under Entryway E and are available for any JE Student to use. These are perfect for practicing anything and all things musical weekdays until 11:00 PM and weekends until 1:00 AM.
- For use by Spiders only.
- Spiders may use the Practice Rooms on a first come, first served basis.
- No equipment (e.g., music stands, instruments, etc.) may be left in the room without permission.
Drum/Rehearsal Room - Room 18A
The rehearsal room houses a piano, bass amp, and drum kit and suits small group ensembles (10 person maximum). Please see Directions and Rules below.
Studio Collective - Room 19
The JE’s Studio Collective is a fully-equipped production studio, perfect for starting and finishing recorded and produced music. Record a demo for a new song, produce a trap beat, mix your band’s new album, explore professional music production software, and be inspired by some amazing tools. Available for use by Spiders after training with a JE Studio Manager.
Directions to Access Rooms 18A and 19:
- Spiders must receive training from a JE Studio Manager for the room they want to access. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training session. Requests will be denied without training.
- Request access to the room here. Studio Manager Ethan Dodd will receive and evaluate the request based on requester’s training and room availability. Ethan will email you and security to grant access.
- Security will grant the requester access within 48 hours. To ensure the requester receives access by the time they plan to use the room, request access at least 48 hours before the desired access time.
Rules for Rooms 18A and 19:
- Spiders may not remove any equipment from the studio.
- Spiders may bring Yalies from outside the college but are responsible for their guests.
- Only JE equipment is allowed to be left in the room unless granted permission by a JE Studio Manager.
- Please clean up after yourself and respect the room.