Information For and About Students
- Student rooms and University-operated annexes must be vacated by noon on Thursday, December 18 and may be reoccupied at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, January 7. There can be no exceptions to this rule.
- A student who will not be in residence during Spring Term must:
- Remove personal belongings from his/her room,
- Return all keys and a Custodial sign-out sheet to the Master’s Office by 12:00 noon on Thursday, December 18, (any other arrangement must be made directly with the Master’s Office) and
- Students will be bursar billed for any missing furniture and/or dirty rooms.
- Student electronic access to gates and entryways will be deactivated during the Winter Recess. The Facilities Control Center will monitor and control temperature in all student rooms in the Residential Colleges and on Old Campus. Please leave your thermostats set at the normal setting.
- University or contracted workers may enter student rooms during Winter Recess in order to complete scheduled and/or emergency repairs. Fire Marshals will be entering every room and in addition to their regular checks for fire safety hazards will make a note of those rooms that are deemed excessively unkempt and notify the college Facilities Superintendent.
- Students should close windows, storm windows, and turn off lights. Unplug all appliances, except for refrigerators. Kindly remove items stored on top of radiators and move items which are up against radiators which may restrict the flow of heat. Remove bicycles from areas that will need to be plowed if it snows.
- Students should take valuable items home or request to store them in the storage areas of the college if such areas are available
International Student Housing
The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) has been in touch with international students about accommodations during the Winter Recess. To date 51 students have requested accommodations and will be housed in a nearby hotel. If students have questions, they should contact Ann Kuhlman or Monica Weeks in OISS at 432-2305, or by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).